Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thing #2

After listening to 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners (similar from the book 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey), I can relate easiest to the first habit listed, "Begin with the End in Mind." I must have a goal and determine what I want the end result to be before I jump into anything. I do this almost daily in my teaching career when planning lessons for math. The hardest "habit" for me is "Use Technology to Your Advantage." I have various technology items for personal use; such as, laptop, internet, i-pod, camera, etc. However, I hardly use any of these items to their fullest potential, and I certainly do not use them to my advantage in the classroom. I know technology in my classroom is supposed to make my life easier, but I do not often take the time required to read the "whole thing" and then implement it into what I am doing.

1 comment:

ESLFroggie said...

I feel exactly the same with not using technology fully to my advantage in the classroom... But I think after you go over Thing #6, you will definitely have plenty of ideas, Christie!