Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thing #3

Well, setting up my blog was no problem. I aleady have a blog, but thought I would start a new one here - a more "teacher-ish" one! The hardest part was remembering my password since my last blog entry was in August 2007. The Avatar was fun to create. I wanted to hurry and pick something so I could move along to my next "thing," but had to look at all the fun options anyway. I play bass guitar for my church, and I love surfing and the beach; although I am not to "big" on her pink clothes, but there was no other option with the electric guitar! :( I think I will keep my avatar at the top of each new post so I can change her when I want (although I am terrible at keeping things up-to-date; such as my sad-looking other blog!). For some reason, it took me a few minutes to figure out I had to click on "add a page element" once I was in the "layout". After that, it made sense, and I will easily be able to do it next time. I realized I could click and drag my page element with my avatar in it wherever i want it to be seen on my blog. I never knew how to do that before. I am excited now because I have a lot of friends that have really cool blogs, and I always wondered how they did all this stuff and could change things around. I have a feeling I'm going to learn it all here! This class is perfect - I get staff development hours to learn how to blog!

Have I looked at other blogs? I checked out some of the other teachers' blogs who have already done the "23 Things" to make sure mine is on track and looking okay. I am sure I will be doing much more of that as the weeks progress.

3 comments:

Mamalibearian said...

Your blog looks great! And you will add more to it as you go. This really is a great way to learn about blogging and all the other things that are out there! Keep going!

Cheryl Laucher said...

I love your avatar...you are cool! And since you already have a blog, you are experienced...awesome. I'm glad you're playing...have fun kicking the ball!

Alex Rover said...

Its great to find our colleagues working and learning with us. You young people have an advantage over us since you grew up in the technology age.