Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #14

1. I did the search with "School Library Learning 2.0" and also "middle school math." I found that searching under tags gives me ANYTHING that has to do with my keywords: videoes, blogs, blog posts, photos, etc. Obviously, blog posts only searches blog posts and same with the blog directory. Tags are for looking everywhere! I also noticed one of our library2play summer buddies had register their blog. :)

2. Just found it interesting that Paris Hilton and Britney Spears are both listed within the top 7 "top searches" on popular blog, searches and tags! I think it is cool that you can look at "what's popular" by category, like news, music, blogs, movies; although, I cannot see myself ever checking back to this site for "what's popular."

3. I really liked using Technorati to search through blog posts and tags. I think it will be helpful in finding math lesson short videoes (which is what I spent most my time doing in this discovery quest). I know I need to get better at making tags so that others could use what I find also (whenever I find really cool stuff). I registered my blog, so we can see if I can become helpful somewhere out there.

No comments: