Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #22 Nings

I think Ning for Teachers is pretty neat. I have a myspace, but I never used it often and do not like it very much; although, I keep it around because occasionally I re-connect with an old friend here and there. Lately, I have been using Facebook which I think is a lot of fun, super user friendly, and a brilliant network. So this concept of Ning is very familiar to me, but a different look at it. I created a space (or a Ning?), and linked it to this blog so I can network with other middle school math teachers. Could be interesting and very useful. It takes 48 hours to receive confirmation of the linking with my blog, so I will have to wait and see how it looks and works. I see great networking with fellow teachers all over the world. I wonder if it can be used within a classroom only setting as well? - where students could login and comment and add work? I can see something like that being used with language arts (commenting on books, etc), social studies, and classes that often have discussions. I will have to do some more looking into this one and looking at what others on the library2play list have found.

1 comment:

bettyb said...

I think I'll have to check out ning. It looks pretty cool.