Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #15

I read quite of a few of the discovery resources for 2.0 web, library, and future libraries. Wow...I wonder what a library in 10 years from now will look like. This "thing" has really made me think about the last time I went into a library (not our school library)! I think it was about 3 years ago and only because I wanted a couple books on CD to take with me on a very long, road trip. I remember it being very old and out-dated in there. I really do not use the library any more. If I want to read a book, I order it or go to Barnes & Noble! If I read a ton, I certainly would use the community library all the time because that would be much better on my wallet! However, I rarely have the time to read anymore. If I need information, I certainly do not go to the library because it is all on the web! Then, began thinking about our very own school library. Come to think of it...I have observed few kids reading, and many kids on computers. That is the way our society is going. And I have mentioned before that our librarian is the best and has completed this "23 Things," so we are all looking to her for what is next! (no pressure Ms. Laucher!). I did find a "2.0 classroom" blog and added it to my blog roll.

No comments: