Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #21

A podcast in the works...this one is a little difficult since I do not have a microphone or video camera and the fact that I teach math, I have to get a little creative (creativity is not easy for me). I think it would be neat to borrow a video camera (maybe there is one at my school I can check out?) and record the students teaching a mini-lesson for a review for a test and they can watch themselves.

So, I started with the switchpod, but I found it difficult to use. Then I tried Photostory. It was SO easy and user-friendly! This was really fun to create. Thought about a fun song, grabbed a bunch of pictures from Flickr and went to town with Photostory. Hope you enjoy.

3 comments:

VWB said...

a video camera is not necessary (although it would be good as another type of resource!

Photostory is software that takes still pictures and turns them into a "movie." It is loaded on your district laptop.

Please look at some of the other math players...they all have ideas of how to use this in class! Geo4All is one example

Yeshh said...

Wowie! What a nifty little podcast! VERY creative! I'm soooo jealous!! I read a book for mine. Great work!! We're done!! Doesn't it feel great!!

Cheryl Laucher said...

Great photostory, Bass Girl! Thanks for sharing.