Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing # 10

(created by Trading Card Maker and the image from Flickr)







(created by Comic Strip Generator)

This one was fun. I am reading a book right now called Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. Currently the chapter I am reading is about worrying, so that is what is on my mind. So far, this is the easiest "thing" I have done and did not cause me any anxiety! I can see this being useful in the classroom for attention-getters in powerpoints for teacher instruction.

4 comments:

Mamalibearian said...

The kids come up with some great trading cards, too! Let them give it a try. You will be amazed at what they will turn up with.

Daddy Sherpa said...

Why so stressed? Maybe too much reading. Quit having fun and get to work, yeah? If you need help, call us.
Los Robia

Christie said...

mamalibearian~ how could have my students create their own trading cards incorporating math? Any ideas? That is where I am stumped.

Yeshh said...

Hey, one thing I am right now is full of comments and answers! You could take the trading cards idea and incorporate them with flashcards. Take mathematical problems, equations, and word problems that are commonly missed or misunderstood and have the kids fuse the two together in a fun and interesting way! Then they can trade their ‘trashcards’ with each other! Let the fun begin!!