Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing # 9

Google Blog Search was certainly the easiest for me to use, it is so similiar to the familiar Google Search that I live by! I thought topix.net was another cool one because it searches newfeeds that are recent. So often, I do a Google Search for something I just heard on the news, not only do I get a ton of results, but much of it is old and/or outdated. Cool, but not something to use in my math classroom. Atomic Learning is also VERY easy to use AND we get staff development hours when we use it!

Technorati was a little confusing at first, but really helpful in finding specific blogs. I searched, "middle school math" and found many websites to look through, some had math activities.

I didn't try bloglines because it required an email and password to create an account, and I am getting confused with all the new passwords and accounts I am getting all over. I am trying to simplify, so I skipped that one. I thought syndic8.com and the rest were too confusing and/or hard for me to use. Really, a lot of this was too much for me to look at and very overwhelming. I felt like I was looking all over the place at everything and not too sure what I am looking for. I cannot even keep up with my email (personal AND school/work). I have a feeling that some of these assignments on 23 Things I will use right away, while others will be a work in progress. Or I may never need it, who knows? I think the important thing here is to learn what all is out there and use all that I can.

No comments: